Sunday, October 6, 2013

Latest MICROART

MICROART is back by popular demand!!

I'm having a blast getting back to the MICROpaintings that I used to do quite frequently.  It provides me with the ever-challenging act of putting together a sweet little composition, painting it from careful observation and simplifying it with an economy of brushstrokes.  

Favorite, 6"x8"  $150 plus $6 s/h
To purchase, email me: jbalkan{at}grandecom{dot}net

This is a particularly happy little painting for me because for the very first time, I was able to paint something while my four-year-old son was painting with me in my studio.  I started it while we were painting together, and finished it alone.  It's a little less authentic since I didn't do it all in one two-hour sitting but piecemeal.  (The whole point of these MICROS is for me to start and finish a 'lil painting in fewer than two hours).  BUT my boy is old enough that I can paint WITH him -- woohoo!!



Dog's best friend, 6"x9"  SOLD
This was the first of several tennis ball paintings that I have now done.  I had no idea how popular they would be.  I should have realized since I am tapping into the game of love.  


Cuz I'm a gummy bear, 6"x8"  SOLD
Love love painting these little num nums....the transparency of them provides a lovely little challenge for me.  

Equality, 6"x8"  SOLD


Out of the womb, 6"x9"  pre-SOLD

Between a woman and a woman, 6"x9"  SOLD

Fractured love, 6"x9"  pre-SOLD



Time, 6"x9"  pre-SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment